The much awaited Penetration Testing distribution is now Released, better than ever and it’s a Rolling release.
For those who are new to Information Security field, here is a quick introduction.
What is Kali Linux ?
Kali Linux (Formerly Backtrack) is a well-known specialized Linux distribution. Focusing on security tools for penetration testers and security professionals. Kali Linux is the Most Advanced and Versatile Penetration Testing Distribution, Ever.
Moreover, Kali Linux is:
- An Open-Source Penetration Testing Distribution
- Developed by Offensive Security
- More than a Collection of Security Tools
- #1 Penetration Testing OS
- Enabled with and Allows “Self destruction” of your LUKS encrypted drive
Kali Linux 2.0 – What’s New ?
Previous Kali Linux Distribution solely focused on building a solid infrastructure. After 2 years of continuous updates to Version 1, now Kali Linux is focused on Over-hauling the user-experience and maintaining updated
packages and tool repositories.
- Based on Debian Jessie
- Kernel 4.0, GNOME 3.14
- A rolling distribution – big implications
- Native Ruby 2.0 for faster Metasploit load times
Built in desktop notifications as well as built in screencasting
Cutting-edge Wireless Penetration testing tools
- Upstream monitoring of tool updates
- Better workflow, new UI, reworked menus
Download Kali Linux
Latest version of Kali Linux can be downloaded here.
In case kali.org is inaccessible, here are the direct links from archive.kali.org :
Stay tuned for the next post i.e How to install Kali Linux 2.0.
Liked the new features of Kali Linux ? Share your views in the Comments section below and share with all of your Hacker friends and help grow this release even faster!